Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Confused much? Yeah, me too

So, let me pose a question: Does anyone ever get confused?

Now let me answer that question myself: I know I sure do. Too often it seems. One example happened the other day while knocking on doors.

We approached a door as we were tracting the other day and we asked the man who answered if he would have some time to hear our message of the Restoration. He then proceeded to tell us... Well, to be honest, I am not sure what he told us.

He started by saying how he had "worked his way up through the system" and then got "dropped pretty hard". Whatever that means...

The entire 30 minute monologue that was given seemed to consist of my companion and I thinking that we were following some of what he was saying, only to be completely thrown off by absurd phrases such as "that was when I accidentally started 12th century Nazi Germany" and "back in 1981 when I was on death row as a midget and my wife was a chicken." I left that doorstep with my brain aching due to confusion.

Most of the time when we get confused it is not due to a situation where someone seems to have had too much time on their hands to imagine things. Rather, it seems to be the world around us confusing us. But the same principle applies. We often times think we know what is going on, and then a "confusing phrase" or unknown situation will throw us off that trail.

This is what makes me so thankful for modern day prophets. They are able to receive council and revelation for the entire world, giving us a more clear and less confusing way to walk on the path of life.

Every 6 months, we have the opportunity to hear from our prophet, Thomas S. Monson, and hear the words which God would have him say. This opportunity is coming up on October 6th and 7th, with sessions both days at 10 am and 2 pm. I invite all to attend any LDS church building, or to tune into BYU TV on that day to hear the words of our beloved prophet. I know that as you do, you will receive an increase of the spirit in your life!

1 comment:

  1. Well done. :) I really appreciated that post, Elder Rust!

    ReplyDelete